Excesss Karaoke & COVID-19
Our response to the pandemic, in efforts to protect our patrons and hosts.
Excesss Karaoke & Trivia is closely monitoring the situation with COVID-19.
The impact that this pandemic has had on our business can not be overstated- as it has caused a 100% shutdown of all of our shows and special events. While we fully support the efforts being taken to try and minimize the risk in an attempt to flatten the curve, we do eagerly await being able to return to providing you all with our unique flavor of entertainment across our many beloved bars, restaurants, and venues. To that end, we have been evaluating potential steps we could take to help mitigate exposure and risk, while still providing the best entertainment possible. We take the health and safety of our community, customers, and staff very seriously. We are doing our best to minimize risk and exposure while still providing our services.
To that end, we are implementing the following changes to our karaoke regimen at shows, which should minimize impact as small gatherings once again become feasible.
Please be considerate and cautious during these times
- First and foremost, we want to encourage everyone to TAKE PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for their amount of exposure and risk that they are comfortable taking. While we are taking steps that we sincerely believe should help mitigate increased risk, there simply is no actions that we can take that can guarantee non-exposure. If you are sick or around people who are at risk, please consider your decisions in participating in this or any other social gatherings or activities carefully.
Secondary mic stand to act as sanitation station.
- Karaoke hosts will call up both the singer who is to be performing next, as well as the NEXT singer on deck, who should come to the area just off stage to clean their microphone in the designated sanitation station.
The sanitation station will provide patrons with a bottle of bleach diluted to CDC standards that should kill COVID-19 on surfaces in 1 minute. A spray bottle of the solution and and paper towels will be provided.
- so that the hard surfaces of the microphone and microphone stand, as well as the singer's hands may be wiped down. Make sure to saturate the paper towel thoroughly and wipe all surfaces. Spray the paper towel- NOT into the mic! The spray bottle contains a %2 diluted bleach solution, so be careful to not spray into eyes or on clothes. The full time of the previous singer should allow the singer to have time to sanitize surfaces, and also allow time for the disinfectant to work/dry.
In addition to disinfectant and paper towels, we will also be providing patrons with sanitary, single use microphone covers.
- these covers have been specifically designed to protect the microphone grill and internal components from spittle. They are designed from a non-woven material and are made specifically to be single use and disposed. At the end of the song, return the mic and stand to the designated sanitation station, and dispose of the mic cover.We are including links to where these can be purchased so that if patrons wish to learn more about these they can - and also so that the other karaoke companies who have approached us about where to get these can find them.As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
For patrons still worried about using our shared microphones, we are also providing our patrons with the ability to BRING THEIR OWN MIC. All karaoke hosts will have an XLR cord ran into their soundboard, providing the opportunity for guests to plug in their own mic.
- We have provided links for affordable microphones below. If buying a mic, please use these links! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases - it aint much but it might help offset the additional costs of the cords, stands, mic covers, etc we are incurring to try and make the karaoke experience safer for both patrons and our hosts! All 3 mics we recommend will work with the XLR cord we will be providing at shows. Sorry, but hosts will NOT be able to use guest provided cords OR non- XLR mics.
Please be extra cautious during these times. If you or anyone you have come in contact with are experiencing any symptoms, please stay home.
- We recommend no duets outside of anyone you may be housed with. Wear a mask while in the audience and/or while singing as guidelines suggest / to be appropriate. Do not touch your face while singing. Wash your hands immediately both before and after coming to the stage. While nothing we do can guarantee no exposure, we feel these steps are best practices that we can implement and be able to provide our services as safely as possible.
Please check your venue's social media and/or contact your venue before going out to make sure the event is still happening as scheduled, and keep an eye on our social media for updates on our daily shows.
Recent studies have proven that the wearing of a mask can dramatically decrease the risk of spred of COVID-19 by cutting down the the airborne release of droplets and particles.
EXCESSS IS COMMITTED TO DOING EVERYTHING W CAN TO MINIMIZE RISK WHILE STILL PROVIDING OUR SERVICES. AND THEREFORE WE ARE MANDATING THE WEARING OF A MASK FOR ALL SINGERS AT ALL OF OUR SHOWS.
Excesss Karaoke is providing these measures as good faith efforts to make singing with us as safe as possible while still being able to provide our services, but, we can make no guarantees. Excesss Karaoke & Trivia, your host, and this venue can assume no liability for your personal decision as to participate in this activity or not.
Please join and follow us on our Facebook page at facebook.com/excessskaraoke to be kept abreast of the status of your favorite shows once bars and venues begin to reopen, and entertainment is allowed to return.
Steps we are taking to maximize safety at our shows:
In addition to our second mic stands, diluted bleach sanitation spray bottles, and sanitary microphone covers, we have also implemented online, hands-free songs search and submission capabilities for all shows with internet available.
please note: the microphone covers are not intended to prevent any disease or illness. They have not been proven, tested or regulated by the FDA. We are using them to try and keep spittle from entering microphones.
The provided bleach solution, diluted to 2%, has been listed by the CDC as being effective at killing COVID-19 when it is allowed to remain on surfaces for 1 minute https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/disinfecting-building-facility-H.pdf
See a list of our weekly karaoke shows
Meet your Excesss Karaoke hosts
Check out our listings of songs you can sing, even download it to your phone
Keep updated on new shows, giveaways and shared moments!
Book us for a special event, bring karaoke to your venue for a weekly event, or even inquire about being a host
Excesss Karaoke, an Excesss Productions company